People wishing to join the ACT Law Society can do so either as Solicitor members or Associate members. Solicitor membership is open to anyone who has been admitted as a solicitor in Australia. Associate membership is open to anybody who would like to join the Society.
Joining the Law Society enables you to access a range of services including:
- Confidential counselling and advice on business, ethical, and professional issues.
- A system of mentors and advisors to offer guidance, advice, and support.
- Access to qualified mediators for family law matters.
- Free hire of meeting rooms.
- Discounted professional development courses.
- Access to a confidential counselling program available face to face or online.
- Access to a range of resilience and wellbeing resources.
- Access to a range of social, sporting, and other networking events.
- The opportunity to contribute to the Society and the community by joining a Committee.
- The opportunity to write articles for our quarterly magazine, Ethos.
- Specialised events and information for interest groups such as family law, international law, government lawyers, and young lawyers.
For all membership and practising certificate enquiries contact the Society's Executive Secretary on 02 6274 0300.
|Please click here to join the Society for the current financial year. You will then have an expiry date of 30 June 2020.|
|Please click here to join the Society for the next financial year. You will then have an expiry date of 30 June 2021.|